Provide information, education, counselling/support and advocacy to:
- sex workers of all genders, sexes and sexualities
- ancillary staff (eg cleaners, drivers, suppliers, etc)
- family and significant others including partners
Provide education and secondary consults to:
- Health services, government agencies and health and community agencies
- Universities, TAFES, training institutes
- The general community
Resourcing health & Education (RhED) is a service for the sex industry in Victoria.
RhED has knowledge of the sex industry and is staffed by sex workers and other professionals.
RhED is committed to respecting and reflecting the needs of the sex industry. RhED actively promotes the rights of sex workers.
RhED operates from a harm minimisation approach providing health information and supports.
RhED aims to provide a service that recognises that health is not only physical but includes a person’s emotional and social wellbeing.
RhED is a non-government agency.
Services available through RhED:
- Free confidential telephone, drop-in and outreach services
- Support and debriefing
- Counselling by appointment
- Information, referral and advocacy
- Allied health services and health information
- Education about sexually transmissible infections, HIV and blood borne viruses to individuals and groups within the community
- Development and distribution of educational resources
- Supplies of needles and syringes, condoms and lube
- Occupational Health and Safety education and support
- Ugly Mugs Reports and distribution to street, brothel and escort workers
- RED – sex industry magazine
- Interpreter services and translated educational materials (Korean/Chinese/Thai )
RhED has other resources that sex workers may find useful.
- Advertising tips for sex workers
- Safety tips for escort workers
- Starting out kit
- The STI handbook
To obtain a copy of any or all of the resources, phone RhED 1800 458 752 or email firstname.lastname@example.org