Who are we?
RhED is committed to respecting and reflecting the needs of the sex industry, and actively promoting the rights of sex workers.
As a program of Inner South Community Health (ISCH), RhED uses a social model of health, using harm minimisation; health promotion, social inclusion; and community participation approaches to promote physical, emotional and social health and wellbeing for its client groups.
RhED aims to improve the health and wellbeing of sex workers across Victoria.
RhED’s objectives are:
- To provide relevant health promotion and support services to improve the health and wellbeing and minimise risk to sex workers.
- To use a community participation model to ensure the responsiveness of RhED to the needs of sex workers.
- To advocate for systemic and legal changes to improve the health and wellbeing of sex workers including reducing discrimination and violence against sex workers; increasing the social inclusion of sex workers and promoting equitable access to health and other relevant services for sex workers.
- To develop and strengthen key partnerships that support RhED to achieve positive health and wellbeing outcomes for sex workers.
- As with all services provided through RhED, you are guaranteed confidentiality in any interaction you have with us either by phone, in person or through our outreach services.