Support for Industry

Despite the passing of the Sex Work Decriminalisation Act 2022, your requirement to comply with legislation and regulations as a licensee or an approved manager remains in place until December 2023.

In your role as a licensee or an approved manager, you are required to comply with legislation and regulations.

These include:

To keep up to date with changes for venues or small owner-operators providing sexual services, see here.
If working in a venue providing sexually explicit entertainment, you must also comply with the legislation and regulations below.  The Victorian Gambling and Casino Control Commission (VGCCC) provides a application kit here for all the forms you need to submit for a license held by sexually explicit entertainment venues.

You must also comply with other laws, including occupational
health and safety, planning and environment, migration and criminal law.

RhED offers gratuitous individual consultations (or group consultations by request) to people who work in management and ancillary positions (receptionists, house mums, emcees, dance coordinators, bussies and beyond) to provide information and support around legal obligations and providing a safe and fair workplace.

If you find yourself in a situation whereby you become
subject to the jurisdiction of the law through legal action, we advise that you
obtain the appropriate professional advice and representation. RhED is able to
provide referrals to experienced practitioners.

For further information email or phone 1800 458 752.